With every released Generation, including the not yet released Gen 3, Pokémon GO introduces new Regional Pokémon. This page lists possible Generation III Regional Pokémon, but also special Gen 3 Pokémon.
Be aware that Gen 3 is not yet released and that this info is speculative. We’ll update the page once Generation 3 becomes available.
Pokémon GO Gen 3 Regionals
In search of potential Regionals, we read through the entire Generation 3 Pokédex, analysing Pokédex entries all the way from Pokémon Red/Blue to Pokémon Sun/Moon.
Keep in mind that all currently available regional Pokémon do not evolve further (pre-evolutions and mega-evolutions not included). With this in mind, we focused only on Gen 3 Pokémon that are not part of any evolution line.
The result boils down to only two entries: Tropius and Luvdisc!
Reasoning behind the choices
The reasoning is fairly simple, we took into consideration their Pokédex entries, their low Max CP and the fantasy that each of them fulfills:
- “Children of the southern tropics eat as snacks the fruit that grows in bunches around the neck of Tropius. This Pokémon flies by flapping the leaves on its back as if they were wings.” (Sapphire, Alpha Sapphire)
- References to Tropical areas: FireRed, LeafGreen, HeartGold, SoulSilver, Y
- “It lives in warm seas. It is said that a couple finding this Pokémon will be blessed with eternal love.” (X, Y, Diamond, Pearl, Black, White, Black 2, White 2)
Special Pokémon in Gen 3
In addition to Regionals, we’ve found a number of Pokémon we consider that will have be handled with special care in Gen 3:
- Lunatone — the Pokédex says that “Lunatone becomes active around the time of the full moon”, which implies we’ll be seeing Lunatone only during the night time
- Solrock — the Pokédex says that “Sunlight is the source of Solrock’s power”, which implies we’ll be seeing Solrock only during the day time
- Spinda — it’s said that “no two Spinda are said to have identical spot patterns on their hides”. We expect that wild Spinda will have unique spot patterns and that there will be a medal attached to it-